Even during this time of social distancing, your health and your child’s health are always our top priority. Telehealth appointments are a great way to keep in contact with your provider, and ensure you’re getting the care you need while still staying safe and healthy at home.
During a telehealth appointment, you’ll be able to talk with your provider via video conference, and discuss any questions or concerns you may have. Before scheduling your appointment, be sure to read through all of the following information so you can be fully prepared for a successful telehealth visit.
- Your child must be scheduled with a provider in order to be seen via a telehealth appointment.
- We will not call you at the scheduled appointment time to remind you of the appointment.
- If you are not in the correct provider’s waiting room by your scheduled appointment time, we may have to reschedule your child’s appointment.
Before a Telehealth visit:
- Call our offices to schedule a telehealth appointment for your child. A list of appointments appropriate for a telehealth visit can be found “HERE”
- When you make the appointment, our staff will walk you through the preparation process so that your child can receive care via telehealth.
- Please sign the consent form and send back to us at [email protected]
- If you are having complications, call our office prior to the appointment so we can help fix any problems.
At your appointment time:
- Click on the appropriate provider’s link at your scheduled appointment time.
- Type the patient’s name in the “Welcome!” box to let the provider know the patient is in their waiting room.
- Once you are logged in, please wait for the provider to log in as well. They may still be with another patient.
Provider appointment links:
- How does billing and insurance work?
We will bill your insurance as a telehealth visit. All standard copays and fees contracted with your insurance company apply.
- Is Doxy.me secure?
The security of our providers and patients are extremely important to us. Before selecting Doxy.me as our Telehealth platform, we confirmed it is compliant with HIPAA and HITECH requirements. Doxy.me does not store any patient health information, meaning it cannot be stolen. It also uses a cutting edge encryption system for all video, audio, and text communications to ensure patient privacy is maintained to the fullest. No recording is made of the visit. The visit will be documented in the patient chart, the same as any other visit.