Dr. Steven Abelowitz, M.D. FAAP, is board certified in pediatric medicine and has been practicing for over 20 years. Dr. Abelowitz serves as Medical Director of Coastal Kids pediatric medical group.
Dr. Abelowitz completed his pediatric internship and residency at the University of California, Irvine Medical Center, where he received multiple commendations and was awarded “Resident of the Year”. He received his medical degree at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, graduating at the top of his class. After establishing Newport Children’s Medical Group and serving as Medical Director for three years, Dr. Abelowitz founded Coastal Kids, Orange County’s premier pediatric medical group.
As Medical Director of Coastal Kids, Dr. Abelowitz was voted one of the “Top Doctors Across America” by his peers and was the first pediatrician to be voted “Doctor of the Month” by the staff at Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian. He was nominated multiple times as chair of the pediatric department at Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian and served as physician liaison to the newborn nursery. Dr. Abelowitz is an acknowledged expert on pediatric healthcare and medicine, primary children’s healthcare, preventative care, nutrition, growth, and development. He has served as Area Representative for the American Academy of Pediatrics and has received “Top Doctor Award for Physicians of Excellence” by the Orange County Medical Association (OCMA) for the past several years, as seen in Orange Coast Magazine.
Dr. Abelowitz has shared his expertise with nationally recognized parenting and family health publications and was featured as a pediatric expert on KABC-TV, consumer report, MSNBC the Dr. Nancy show, KCBS-TV, and KCAL-TV. He has acted as an “Ask the doctors” columnist for the Orange County Register. He is fluent in Afrikaans and Hebrew and speaks medical Spanish. Dr. Abelowitz enjoys spending time with his family. His hobbies include theater, tennis, triathlons and working out.
- 2019 Orange Coast Magazine Top Doctors
- 2018 Southern California Super Doctors List Recipient
- 2016 Expert Network Distinguished Doctor Designation
- 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 Physician of Excellence from the Orange County Medical Association, Orange County Register and Coast Magazine
- 2012, 2013 & 2014 Castle Connolly Top Doctors®
- 2012 Patients Choice Honoree for Quality of Care
ADD/ADHD, pediatric healthcare and medicine, primary children’s healthcare, preventative care, nutrition, growth, and development
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Abelowitz:
- NEWPORT BEACH: (949) 759-1720
- LAGUNA NIGUEL: (949) 448-8821
- LADERA RANCH: (949) 347-7200
- IRVINE: (949) 387-4900
- LAGUNA HILLS: (949) 951-1376